Effective April 8, 2014, Microsoft will no longer provide customer support or security patch management for Windows XP and Office 2003.
What Does This Mean For Your Business?
If your business continues running Windows XP or Office 2003 past 4/8, you may expose your business to risks, such as:
- Violating Regulatory Requirements – Businesses that are governed by regulatory obligations such as HIPAA may find that they are no longer able to satisfy compliance requirements.
- Significant Security Risk – Without critical security updates, your PC may become susceptible to viruses, spyware and other malicious software that can steal or damage your data and information.
- Note: Anti-virus software WILL NOT be able to fully protect you once Windows XP itself is unsupported.
Next Steps For Your Business
You should take action to contact Entec Systems for help making the right decisions for your business.
- Our experienced Engineers can help you evaluate your situation, recommend the best course of action and help with your transition to a new operating system.
- We can provide help desk support for software updates and end-user training on your new operating system.
For help determining what your business should do, contact your Account Manager, call 800.716.2544 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.