Education, from pre-K classes through post-graduate degrees, impacts communities and families. Whether it’s public education, private or parochial schools, or post-secondary education, there are a myriad of issues faced by educational institutions and systems. Philosophies and structures may vary greatly, but all systems of education are faced with maintaining IT operations as well as compiling and processing student records. Technology support needs within the education system are not only similar but also vital to efficiently running operations.
Secure systems that efficiently manage IT and sensitive student data are essential. The challenge is determining how to install and maintain the best of systems and yet do so in a cost-effective manner. Educational institutions, both public and private, are constantly dealing with lean budgets where every dollar invested must count. IT challenges faced by education systems can include:
- Maintaining student and personnel records.
- Installing and operating systems for remote instruction including video conferencing and online courses.
- Keeping systems up-to-date to guard against outages and loss of student and personnel data.
- Upgrading systems and successfully migrating data and email systems to new servers or platforms.
- Keeping track of procurement issues and maintaining an inventory of necessary supplies can be critical when dealing with limited budgets.
Entec has worked with both private schools and school systems in the Richmond region to install and upgrade IT systems. We can be brought in on a project basis or to support your on-site IT personnel.
Here are some IT services Entec has provided to educational institutions:
- Upgraded and installed new systems and hardware.
- Maintained existing systems.
- Installed Cisco network switches that allow network systems to effectively communicate.
Whatever the information technology challenges faced by educators may be, Entec can partner with educators and administrators to keep systems up to date and running in peak condition. Entec has worked with school systems and private schools in the Richmond, Virginia region since we began in 2002. We are skilled at ensuring the IT needs of educators are scoped correctly and executed seemlessly.
Call Entec today at 804.523.9000